Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Top Ten Fairytale Retellings I Want To Read

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

I originally want to make "top ten fairytale retellings I've read" but then I realize that I haven't read that many retellings. In fact, as long as I remember, I only have read 2 fairytale retellings, which is A Court of Thorns and Roses and The Summer of Chasing Mermaids. That's why, I'm going to write top ten fairytale retellings I want to read instead.


    It's a retelling of One Thousand and One Nights. I've heard amazing things about this book and I want to read it myself.

     A retelling of Cinderella in future world. Many people seems to have read it and like it.

     A retelling of Peter Pan but from Tiger Lily's perspective!

    For some reason, I rarely see a Red Riding Hood retelling, so I'm curious about it.

    I will read anything about Alice in Wonderland!

    Not sure what retelling it is (but I think it's Beauty and the Beast retelling), but it sounds amazing!

    A dark retelling of The Wizard of Oz. Seems awesome.

    Another One Thousand and One Nights retelling. It's actually pretty similar with The Wrath and the Dawn, but I'm still looking forward for it.

    I have to be honest here--it's actually the cover that made me interested! But the summary didn't sound bad either.

      Another The Wizard of Oz retelling, but it seems funnier!

Have you read any of these books? If so, what do you think of it?

9 comments:

  1. I had Cinder on my TBR list as well. I feel like now I want to read so many more after this week. Crimson Bound and Tiger Lily are tow I think I need to add - Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder is great but I liked Scarlet better ;) Wolf gets me every time! Crimson Bound is SO good just keep in mind that it is a very loose retelling. And Splintered is a must read! I'm finishing up the series now. It is so good! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read great things about The Wrath and The Dawn and Tiger Lily. I'm really hoping to read both soon. Great list! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought The Lunar Chronicles, I'm looking forward to reading them. I really want to read Tiger Lily since I'm a huge Peter Pan fan. My list turned into more of a want to read than read because I haven't really read that many retellings.

    Tina @ Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read The Wrath & the Dawn after seeing it on so many lists today! My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mei @ pandabookloversAugust 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM

    I loved Stitching Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG YES TO ALL OF THESE!

    But, I must say, if you do end up reading any of these, definitely read Tiger Lily - it's one of my favorite books of all time. So beautifully written, and so heart-breaking too.

    The Lunar Chronicles series is also absolutely fantastic, as are Dorothy Must Die and Splintered. Fabulous post & choices!

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES read Cinder! And the rest of the series! I loved each and every single one of those books, and have little doubt that you will do anything but love them too! Most of these are on my TBR list as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh you NEED to read The Wrath and The Dawn. It's spectacular. Uprooted and Cinder are both really great too. I recommend skipping A Thousand Nights if you plan on reading Wrath. Wrath is so much better. Nice list!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014